Asheville area artists create high-quality, handmade Christmas ornaments for you to choose from.
This can be a great way to preserve memories of your holiday getaway to Asheville, especially with many families carrying on the tradition of adding – or passing down – one heirloom-quality bauble to the holiday tree every year. You can find a variety of these holiday Appalachian ornaments at local art galleries and craft shops.
Artists from across the southern Appalachians offer handmade ornaments year-round at the Folk Art Center (pictured), located on the Blue Ridge Parkway in east Asheville. The center boasts an impressive collection of pottery, glass art, furniture and jewelry, but don’t leave without selecting an ornament from some of the region’s premier craftspeople working in almost every possible medium and style.
Find Handcrafted Appalachian Christmas Ornaments>
- ► 2013 (89)
- ► 2012 (225)
- ► 2011 (234)
- ► 2010 (135)
- ► 2009 (126)
- ► 2008 (54)
- Handcrafted Appalachian Christmas Ornaments
- Holiday Shopping That is Actually Fun!
- Restaurants Open on Thanksgiving
- Three-Cheese Egg Puff Holiday Recipe
- Holiday Events This Weekend
- Get Happy for the Holidays in Asheville
- Fall Color Report - We Still Have Fall Color!
- New Video: Rock Climbing at Chimney Rock Park
- New Fall Pictures
- ▼ November 2007 (9)