- Best Mountain City - Asheville earned the prestigious distinction of best mountain city in the South. Southern Living writer Tanner C. Latham writes: "Asheville epitomizes this category. The Blue Ridge Mountains serve as permanent backdrops—wizened, pointy humps on the horizon—to such an active city. I return often and love to feel the downtown buzzing, especially when exploring the blocks surrounding the Grove Arcade, a historic building full of shops and restaurants."
- Best Resort/Hotel - Asheville accommodations made both first and third place, dominating this category for reader favorites. The Grove Park Inn Resort & Spa was first place, and the Inn on Biltmore Estate ranked third with readers.
- Best Country Inn/Bed and Breakfast - Again, The Grove Park Inn Resort & Spa was favored, placing second in this category.
- Best Scenic Highway - The Blue Ridge Parkway earned the top spot for best scenic highway.
- Best Public Gardens - Biltmore was chosen second place as the best public garden in the South.
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Southern Living Readers' Choice Awards for Asheville
Asheville was chosen in various categories as a Southern Living Readers' Choice 2007 winner. The selected favorites were:
- ► 2013 (139)
- ► 2012 (225)
- ► 2011 (234)
- ► 2010 (135)
- ► 2009 (126)
- ▼ February 2008 (3)