With a growing emphasis on fitness, it's no wonder that travelers are planning vacations around staying fit and eating healthy, according to new research from Travelocity's Travel Plans Forecast for 2008. To keep up with this trend, destinations such as Asheville, Miami, Hawaii and Maine are designing active getaway packages and wellness amenities for this new breed of vacation multi-tasker. In Asheville, being active and healthy isn't a dreaded chore but an indulgent pleasure.
Active Getaway Package
- Asheville has launched a new healthy vacation package: The Highgear® Getaway.
- Travelers who book an active getaway to Asheville this spring will receive a free "Get Fit Kit" to jumpstart their wellness adventure (while supplies last). Package details are available at ActiveGetaway.com.
- Components of the Highgear® Get Fit Kit:
- VIA Step Pedometer (New Balance Sports Monitors, A Division of Highgear® USA, Inc.)
- Asheville "Get Fit" Backpack
- Step-Count and Calorie-Burn Itineraries
- Walking Trails Guide
- Healthy Recipes from Asheville Top Chefs
- Wellness Adventure Coupons (active attractions, yoga, farm-to-table dining, spa, etc.)