No need to travel to the tropics to fly through a rain forest. The first Canopy Tour in the North Carolina Smokies is now as close as a short drive! Enjoy a three-hour glide and slide experience that simulates flying and is fueled by gravity and a gradual elevation change.
Fly High Above Trees
More than just a zip line ride, Nantahala Gorge Canopy Tours takes you through multiple eco-systems. The route takes you above the forest floor blanketed with mountain laurel, dogwood, fern, rhododendron, flame azalea, wild magnolia and other native plants. Your Canopy Ranger will also share the natural and cultural history of the gorge as you travel from section to section.
See Nature from a New Perspective
While traveling over a half-mile course across 20 acres, guests will use three Sky Bridges and five transfer bridges to get to the 11 zip line sections that zigzag from the slope sides, trees and elevated platforms. State-of-the-art equipment is provided including a helmet, full body harness, trolley, gloves, and a tether safety line. Professional Canopy Rangers accompany each group and provide all the necessary instruction.
The Canopy Tour is scheduled to launch July 10 and will be a four-season experience, as weather permits. The tour is located 12 miles west of Bryson City, North Carolina at the Falling Waters Adventure Resort in the Nantahala River Gorge.
- ► 2013 (89)
- ► 2012 (225)
- ► 2011 (234)
- ► 2010 (135)
- Summer Fun Abounds this Weekend
- Asheville Street Musician
- Asheville’s Moogseum Celebrates Musical Legacy
- Grand Slam Asheville Gets New Star: Andre Agassi
- Bear Visits Asheville Visitors Center
- Asheville Wins Craft Beer Poll
- Ride the Shuttle to Bele Chere
- Vote for Asheville as Best Craft Beer City
- A Day at One of Asheville's Tailgate Markets
- Asheville Dog Appears on The Regis & Kelly Show
- Culinary Students Compete in National Competition
- Free Family Fun at Bele Chere
- Labor Day Fun in Asheville
- See Nature with Nantahala Gorge Canopy Tours
- A Food Tour of Asheville
- Tennis Champs Battle it out at Grand Slam Ashevill...
- ▼ July 2009 (16)
- ► 2008 (54)