Yesterday, Blue Ridge Parkway officials temporarily closed a small section of the road approaching Mt. Pisgah. The closure was a precautionary measure; officials feared the slope might slide due to recent rainfall.The Parkway is closed from Milepost 393.6 at the French Broad River junction to Milepost 405.5 near the Pisgah Campground Country Store.
The remainder of the Parkway is still open and accessible for enjoying the fall foliage in and around Asheville. Check out our weekly fall color report for suggestions on great fall drives this week.
Suggested Parkway Detour Route for Southbound Traffic
After crossing the French Broad River Bridge, turn right onto Parkway ramp. Follow the ramp to the traffic light, and turn right onto NC Route 191. Continue on NC Route 191, and then turn right on NC Route 280. Stay on NC Route 280, and then turn right onto US Route 276. At the top of the mountain, turn right onto the Parkway ramp. For the Pisgah Inn, turn right. To continue south on the Parkway, turn left.
- ► 2013 (139)
- ► 2012 (225)
- ► 2011 (234)
- ► 2010 (135)
- An Asheville Ghost Story
- Asheville's Holiday Fun Includes Seasonal Sizzle
- Navigate Around I-40 Rockslide to Asheville
- Halloween Fun in Asheville
- Bonsai Trees at NC Arboretum Show Fall Color First...
- Dine on Catfish at The Lobster Trap Tonight
- A Different Kind of Balloon Boy
- See Local Wildlife at Great Smoky Mountains Nation...
- Fall Color in Asheville, NC
- Minor Detour on Parkway for Fall Leaf Peepers
- Signs Go Up at Hotel Indigo in Asheville
- Hot Air Balloon Ride Over Asheville
- Asheville Appears on “The Price Is Right”
- Friday Fun Kicks off Fall in Asheville
- ▼ October 2009 (14)
- ► 2008 (54)