Asheville is for pet lovers! Thanks to a rule change at the state level pet lovers can now bring their cats or dogs when dining at restaurants with outdoor seating.
The new rule states that restaurant owners can now choose to allow pets into their outdoor areas as long as the animal is physically restrained and does not come into contact with food or food service items. The new rule went into effect on September 1 and downtown restaurants are already embracing this new customer base. Mellow Mushroom, located on Broadway Street in downtown Asheville, was one of the first to get on board by opening up a portion of their large outdoor seating areas to pets and their hungry owners.
Allowing Pets is Old News for Some Asheville Restaurants
Sunny Point Café and West End Bakery, both located on Haywood Road in West Asheville, have been allowing pets into their outdoor seating areas for several years. These restaurants report that they have had very few issues with pets, and the new rule gives them official sanction to allow pets. Other restaurants are sure to follow!
Browse our sidewalk cafes or visit the dining guide on ExploreAsheville.com to find the perfect Asheville restaurant for your next culinary adventure.
- ► 2013 (89)
- ► 2012 (225)
- ► 2011 (234)
- Fall Color Report for September 29th
- Celebrate the kick-off of American Craft Week
- Asheville Historic Trolley Tours Offers Expanded T...
- Asheville Ballet’s New Season
- Asheville’s Newest Cookbook
- Unique Fall Adventures in Asheville
- September 23 Fall Color Report
- Local Farm to Table and Art Inspired Dinner in Ash...
- Win Elusive Brewgrass Tickets!!!
- September 15 Fall Color Report
- Fall Travel Packages for Asheville, NC
- Pets Now Welcome at Asheville Restaurants
- Fall is In the Air, Corn Mazes in Western NC
- City of 1000 Easels – Immersive Arts Experience in...
- Final Shindig on the Green of 2010 on September 4
- Asheville Area Fall Color Report
- ▼ September 2010 (16)
- ► 2009 (126)
- ► 2008 (54)