Friday, June 25, 2010
Thursday, June 24, 2010
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Monday, June 21, 2010
Friday, June 18, 2010
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Ginger Murphy Frank, who went on the tour last year, calls it “one of my favorite things all year.”
The variety of farms participating in this year’s tour means you can customize a tour to suit your interests. Observe livestock, spinning, cheese making and cooking demonstrations. Make your own pizza in a wood fired oven, pick blueberries and raspberries and eat a meal on a farm. Learn about practices such as rotational grazing, cover cropping, biodynamic methods and seed saving.
Reserve your spot on the tour by purchasing a farm tour map and button online at www.familyfarmtour.org. Buttons cost $25 plus $2 shipping. One button admits everyone in your car, plus you can visit as many farms as you like during Saturday and Sunday.
Friday, June 11, 2010
Feel the need to get away this summer? Do it first class, by entering to win President Obama’s vacation to Asheville.
This fabulous getaway wraps up all the fun the President and First Lady experienced during their recent spring break to Asheville. The prize includes:
- Ten President’s Vacation Package from The Grove Park Inn Resort & Spa: Two nights of accommodations at The Grove Park Inn Resort & Spa; breakfast daily per adult--choice of the lavish buffet at Blue Ridge Dining Room or in-room dining; $25 Grove Park Inn gift card; audio guided history tour of historic Grove Park Inn; copy of the book “Built for the Ages: A History of the Grove Park Inn.”
- Go Blue Ridge Cards: Two multi-day, multi-attraction passes that offer access to more than 30 attractions in Western North Carolina including America’s largest home, Biltmore House, toured by the Obamas' on vacation.
- Farm-to-table Dining: A Main Course Dining card from the Asheville Independent Restaurant Association. This buy-one, get-one card offers more than $600 in dining savings at Asheville’s farm-to-table restaurants like Corner Kitchen and Sunset Terrace at The Grove Park Inn Resort & Spa where the Obamas' dined on vacation.
- Presidential Gift Basket: Win the actual welcome basket put together specifically for the First Couple, but not sent due to presidential gift restrictions. The basket includes: President’s Spring Break Ale from Asheville Brewing, 12 Bones Blueberry Chipotle BBQ Sauce, Asheville Grown Buy Local t-shirt and several pieces from local artists.
Friday, June 4, 2010
- ► 2013 (89)
- ► 2012 (225)
- ► 2011 (234)
- Help the Gulf Coast with Just a Click
- Cool off with Asheville Savings
- Test Your Asheville Knowledge and Win!
- Win a Pair of Go Blue Ridge Cards
- Design Biltmore’s Next Wine Label
- Kick off the Week by Winning an Asheville Prize
- Visit ExploreAsheville.com and Win!
- Meet Your Local Farmers at the Family Farm Tour Th...
- Win President Obama’s Vacation to Asheville
- Get at Taste of BeerCity USA at Beer City Festival...
- Asheville Named Southern Conference Host
- ▼ June 2010 (11)
- ► 2009 (126)
- ► 2008 (54)