Many factors go into the decision to retire and sometimes you'll find more questions than answers. Should I relocate? Will my money last? How will I spend my time? Making decisions for retirement can be challenging if you don't know what to expect. Fortunately, the North Carolina Center for Creative Retirement (NCCCR), located in Asheville, has ways of helping you through this eventual life transition.
Through the NCCCR's numerous events, programs and workshops, people can learn how to make the most of their retirement. Twice a year they offer a program called Paths to Creative Retirement which is a strictly non-commercial educational program focused mainly on the non-financial aspects of life’s second half. This informative program guides participants through decision-making exercises that reveal opportunities at each stage, help transform anxieties about the next chapter of life into a learning process, and teach you to formulate an action plan. It is truly one of the most unique retirement workshops in the country.
You can also attend the Creative Retirement Exploration Weekend which helps you examine your issues, concerns and possibilities to gain insights and pose questions that you may not have thought to ask. Facilitated discussions help prepare you for decisions ahead.
More information on these events can be found on the NCCCR website. With such an informative organization in place, it's no wonder that Asheville has been featured on numerous lists as a top retirement destination.
- ► 2013 (136)
- ► 2012 (225)
- Black Mountain Races for a Greenway
- Foodtopia for the Gluten Free
- Florida says "Asheville or Bust"
- One Flea Spare
- McCormick Field Named a Top 10 Stadium
- Big Foot Sighting in the Mountains?
- Creative Retirement Solutions Available in Ashevil...
- Action-Packed Asheville
- From Harlem to Asheville
- Widespread Panic plays a two day event in Ashevill...
- Horseback Riding Vacations in Asheville
- Download an audio tour guide of Asheville’s Urban ...
- 2nd Saturdays in the River Arts District
- Farm Fresh Bounty in Asheville this weekend!
- St. Patrick's Slay at the Roller Derby
- Asheville's WOW Factor
- Hatch Asheville gears up for a third year
- Three great concerts this weekend at The Orange Pe...
- Let the Good Times Roll
- Asheville Arts Community Vying for Top Spot
- Signs of Spring at Biltmore
- Bright Eyes coming to the Asheville Civic Center
- ▼ March 2011 (22)
- ► 2010 (135)
- ► 2009 (126)
- ► 2008 (54)