Sufferers of celiac disease know all to well how tough it can be to find viable food choices that do not contain gluten, a protein found in grains such as wheat and barley. It's found in many of the foods we eat and in some things you would never expect such as soups, pickles, baked beans, soy sauce, some blue cheeses and the list goes on and on. Dining out can be a tremendous challenge and finding delicious options can be an even larger challenge.
That's why Ingles Supermarkets is hosting the Gluten Free Food Fair at the Doubletree Biltmore Hotel in Asheville on Saturday, April 30 from 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM. More than 50 vendors will be on hand to present viable food options for those living with a gluten intolerance.
Asheville being the Foodtopian Society that it is has several dining options for those living with the gluten free diet. Posana is a great example, as well as Laurey's Catering, Neo Cantina, and Well-Bred Bakery (in Weaverville). Each have multiple gluten free items on their menu.
It's important to note the a gluten free diet is not a fad diet to lose weight. It's the difference between feeling normal after eating or becoming terribly ill. Sensitivities to gluten vary and strict eating habits are a result. To learn more about gluten intolerance visit here.
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (225)
- Black Mountain Races for a Greenway
- Foodtopia for the Gluten Free
- Florida says "Asheville or Bust"
- One Flea Spare
- McCormick Field Named a Top 10 Stadium
- Big Foot Sighting in the Mountains?
- Creative Retirement Solutions Available in Ashevil...
- Action-Packed Asheville
- From Harlem to Asheville
- Widespread Panic plays a two day event in Ashevill...
- Horseback Riding Vacations in Asheville
- Download an audio tour guide of Asheville’s Urban ...
- 2nd Saturdays in the River Arts District
- Farm Fresh Bounty in Asheville this weekend!
- St. Patrick's Slay at the Roller Derby
- Asheville's WOW Factor
- Hatch Asheville gears up for a third year
- Three great concerts this weekend at The Orange Pe...
- Let the Good Times Roll
- Asheville Arts Community Vying for Top Spot
- Signs of Spring at Biltmore
- Bright Eyes coming to the Asheville Civic Center
- ▼ March 2011 (22)
- ► 2010 (135)
- ► 2009 (126)
- ► 2008 (54)