The Weaverville Art Safari is celebrating it's 10th anniversary from May 6 - 7, 2011. (Mother's Day weekend)
Take the opportunity to explore the scenic wonders of the Asheville area of Western North Carolina, and the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains in springtime, on this free, self-guided tour of artists’ home art studios. You’ll have access to a variety of different studios, representing dozens of local and visiting artists. Browse their new works, watch art-making demonstrations, and purchase art directly from the artists themselves.
A wide range of artwork will be on display and available for purchase at the various studios: Jewelry, Glass Art, Paintings, Garden Art, Sculpture, Pottery, Furniture, Fiber Arts, and more!
Printed 4-color brochures will be available from the information booth located on Main Street in Weaverville during Art Safari weekend. Using the brochure map, and watching for the Art Safari street signs, you’ll be able to guide yourself to studios all over the area. The spectacular beauty of spring in the Blue Ridge Mountains is a bonus feature.
Besides the many art studios open to the public, on Friday night, May 6, there is a very special Preview Party in an exciting new location. Claxton Farm, located just a few miles north of Weaverville, is a wonderful place for high-end weddings and corporate functions and will be hosting this wonderful event. The fun begins at 7 p.m. and includes door prizes, heavy hors d’oeuvres, desserts and a cash bar. The highlight of the evening is a silent auction featuring art from participating artists. Guests have the opportunity to bid on gallery-worthy works of art selected exclusively for the event and its patrons. Event tickets are $10 at the door with additional door prize tickets available for $5 each. All event proceeds fund future Weaverville Art Safari events.
For more information regarding the event please visit the Art Safari website. If you are traveling in to the Asheville area and are looking for a place to rest your head at night, then check here.
- ► 2013 (89)
- ► 2012 (225)
- Go Off the Beaten Path at the Weaverville Art Safa...
- Foodtopian Spotlight: Jack's Nut Butter
- Become Bear Aware: Suvival Tips for Encounters
- "Eggcellent" Easter Events Planned for Asheville
- Asheville's Weekend is Heating Up
- Asheville Reaches Out to the Gluten Free
- WNC Chef's Engage in a Fungi Fued
- Get Back to Nature with UNC Asheville
- AshevilleNOC: A brand new approach to adventure va...
- We're Halfway There! To Moogfest that is.
- Sir Ken Robinson Coming to Asheville
- Get a new perspective at Chimney Rock
- Foodtopia for the People of Atlanta: Win a Vacatio...
- A Toast to Beer City USA
- Asheville's Amazing Garden of Learning
- ▼ April 2011 (15)
- ► 2010 (135)
- ► 2009 (126)
- ► 2008 (54)