Wednesday, May 25, 2011
Asheville's Surprising New Dining Destination
This Foodtopian update was just sent out by the folks over at the River Arts District:
Within the past couple of weeks, new restaurants have been popping up all around the River Arts District, making it more happening than ever. Come stroll through the working artist studios, have some good eats & finish off your day enjoying the sunset & a local brew at the Wedge Brewing Co.
- Roots Cafe [located inside the Grey Eagle; 185 Clingman Ave] Eclectic menu of traditional favorites with a fresh twist featuring locally sourced meats & cheeses. Get Rooted!
- The Junction [located in the Pink Dog Creative Buildings at 348 Depot Street] Featuring house-made soups, salads & sandwiches from regional farms & a full bar with fresh squeezed cocktails. X marks the spot!
- White Duck Taco Shop [the Hatchery, 1 Roberts Street] Affordable, creative & quick tacos, soups & snacks. It's taco time!
- The Magnetic Field [372 Depot Street] It's a cafe, it's a bar, it's a theatre! Enjoy a delectable meal & a wonderful performance. Date night anyone?
- Nourish & Flourish Organic Juice Bar [347 Depot] Fresh squeezed juices with ingredients from local farms & award winning rashi teas. Fill yourself with goodness!
- 12 Bones [5 Riverside Drive] Best BBQ in town, nuff said.
- Clingman Cafe [242 Clingman Ave.] Organic coffee, breakfast, lunch & now dinner (Thursday & Friday!) Where the locals hang out!
- The Wedge Brewing Co. [125 B Roberts Street] Sunset views & amazing brews. Check out one of the reasons Asheville was recently voted Beer City USA (3rd year in a row!)
So there you have it; the rundown. More reasons to visit the River Arts District; a district of creation, passion & dedication. Where 160 artists make up an eclectic community in 19 historical rehabilitated buildings along a 1 1/2 mile stretch of the French Broad River. Come visit the district & see creation at its best!
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (225)
- Introducing "Biltmore Weekends"—You Could Win a Tw...
- The Countdown is on to Moogfest
- Asheville's Surprising New Dining Destination
- Asheville Ranked Top Small City For Art
- Escape Your Every Day Routine & Win a Trip!
- Find Solace When Dining in Asheville
- Channel Your Inner Superhero at Fanaticon2
- LaZoom your way through Asheville’s Art Scene
- Downtown After 5 Free Concert Series Kicks Off Thi...
- Budget Friendly Ways To Cool Off This Summer
- Effervescent Art Show Coming to Black Mountain
- Re–‘Kindle’ Your Desire for an Asheville Getaway a...
- A Celebration of Spring in the River Arts District...
- Brevard Music Center Announces 75th Anniversary Se...
- Asheville, BeerCity USA 2011 makes it a three-pete...
- Asheville's Top Five Rainy Day Adventures
- Biltmore Summer Concert Series Tickets Going Fast
- Asheville featured on Good Day Atlanta
- Calling All Foodies for the Taste of Black Mountai...
- BeerCity USA Round 3: Battle of the Brew
- Make Time for a Little Horseplay
- Summer School: Now With More Awesome
- ▼ May 2011 (22)
- ► 2010 (135)
- ► 2009 (126)
- ► 2008 (54)