Admittedly, Asheville has some rather quirky characters walking the streets on any given day, but this weekend you can expect that to be ten-fold as Fanaticon2 takes over the town. Multiple events are planned for this year's event including dance parties, comic sales and special presentations by leaders of the comic, sci-fi and fantasty industry.
There will be many costumed characters so if you feel so inclined dress up and be a part of the fun. The dance parties start at 8:00 PM on Friday night and the convention starts at 9:30 AM on Saturday. The first 100 kids through the door get a free swag bag.
Hotels are still available if you have not yet booked a room. Check the Fanticon2 website for a full schedule of events.
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (225)
- Introducing "Biltmore Weekends"—You Could Win a Tw...
- The Countdown is on to Moogfest
- Asheville's Surprising New Dining Destination
- Asheville Ranked Top Small City For Art
- Escape Your Every Day Routine & Win a Trip!
- Find Solace When Dining in Asheville
- Channel Your Inner Superhero at Fanaticon2
- LaZoom your way through Asheville’s Art Scene
- Downtown After 5 Free Concert Series Kicks Off Thi...
- Budget Friendly Ways To Cool Off This Summer
- Effervescent Art Show Coming to Black Mountain
- Re–‘Kindle’ Your Desire for an Asheville Getaway a...
- A Celebration of Spring in the River Arts District...
- Brevard Music Center Announces 75th Anniversary Se...
- Asheville, BeerCity USA 2011 makes it a three-pete...
- Asheville's Top Five Rainy Day Adventures
- Biltmore Summer Concert Series Tickets Going Fast
- Asheville featured on Good Day Atlanta
- Calling All Foodies for the Taste of Black Mountai...
- BeerCity USA Round 3: Battle of the Brew
- Make Time for a Little Horseplay
- Summer School: Now With More Awesome
- ▼ May 2011 (22)
- ► 2010 (135)
- ► 2009 (126)
- ► 2008 (54)