The Blue Ridge Parkway emanates a warm red glow in this photo by Helen Moss Davis. Fall leaf color is currently peaking from 3,000 - 3,500 feet and will be spreading lower in the valley over the next week. With temperatures slated to dip this week you'll want to plan accordingly for your trek.
Now is the time to catch incredible color in the mountains! Be sure to keep up to date with our weekly fall color report, which includes the best drives, hikes and deals of the week.
Photo courtesy of Grandfather Mountain.
- ► 2013 (89)
- ► 2012 (225)
- An Optical Phenomenon Appears Over Asheville Sky
- Win Two Nights At Aloft Hotel in Asheville
- America’s Number One Selling iPad App Created In A...
- Have You Made Your Reservation for Anthony Bourdai...
- Photo of the Day: Dog on a Hog
- Fall Photos Submitted By You!
- Asheville Named Best Place to Start A Fall Foliage...
- Dance Under The Stars at LEAF
- Photo of the Day: Red Ridge Parkway?
- President Obama Visits Asheville: Wants to Stay
- Fall Color Experts Agree: It Doesn't Get Better Th...
- Photo of the Day: Doe in the Woods
- Mountains to Sea: Asheville Oysterfest This Weeken...
- Photo of the Day: Fall Color at Chimney Rock
- Photo of the Day: Chimney Swifts
- Ghost of Old Highways Premiers Next Week
- Willkommen bei Asheville
- Eddie Money to Perform at Biltmore
- Asheville Wins TripAdvisor's Travelers' Choice Awa...
- Happy Birthday Thomas Wolfe - Plus New Exhibit at ...
- Photo of the Day: Magic on the Blue Ridge Parkway
- ▼ October 2011 (21)
- ► 2010 (135)
- ► 2009 (126)
- ► 2008 (54)