Because nothing goes together better than firefighters and chili, Asheville Chili Chow Down 3.0 will honor fallen firefighter Captain Jeff Bowen and benefit the scholarship fund for his three children.
The Chow Down is set for Sunday, November 6 from 1-4pm at Asheville Brewing Company on Coxe Avenue in downtown Asheville. Adding more excitement to the event is the inaugural Fire Truck Pull where up to 100 people will pull the truck more than 50 feet on Coxe Avenue. Event organizers will be filming the pull for submission into the Guinness Book of World Records.
The event is free to those sampling chili and $25 to those wanting to enter their recipe into the contest. Check out the great prizes being awarded.
Need some inspiration for your own chili recipe? Here's a great recipe provided by the good folks at Early Girl Eatery.
- ► 2013 (136)
- ► 2012 (225)
- Extreme Santa Will Climb Chimney Rock
- Win Tickets To Steep Canyon Rangers
- Christmas At Biltmore Goes International
- 1,900 Pounds of Mashed Potatoes
- New Asheville App Hits The iTunes Market
- Asheville Restaurants Open For Thanksgiving 2011
- Corner Kitchen Wins National Award
- Doing the Wave
- The Nation's Best Gingerbread Homes
- Win Tickets To See Famed Brian Eno Exhibit
- Wednesday Nights Are On The Fritz
- Instantly Win A Trip To Florida!
- The Hunger Games Official Trailer Debut
- Photo of the Day: Even Bears Enjoy Fall in the Mou...
- Backstage At Moogfest - Plus Listen Online
- Multiple Planets On Display Above Asheville
- Nominate Asheville's Finest Foodies For James Bear...
- Your Moment of Zen
- Asheville's Ultimate Foodie Event
- Asheville Hotels Voted Top in the U.S.
- Discounted Promo Code for Anthony Bourdain Event
- World Record Attempt at Asheville Chili Chow Down
- ▼ November 2011 (22)
- ► 2010 (135)
- ► 2009 (126)
- ► 2008 (54)