|This beautiful photo courtesy and © Eric Haggart|
Friday, March 9, 2012
A Treasure in Downtown Asheville
Photo of the Day: The Grove Arcade is a treasure in downtown Asheville. It offers boutique shopping, unique dining and regional crafts in a downtown architectural wonder. The building is open daily and features an outdoor portico market.
Constructed in the 1920's, the building was the vision of E.W. Grove, the same man who built the Grove Park Inn. The building was in the hands of the federal government for much of the 1900's and then reopened as a public space in 2002. Find the full history here.
- ► 2013 (89)
- Hunger Games Actors Loved Asheville
- Festiva Biltmore Village
- Da Bears
- Attracting Butterflies, Birds and Bees
- Biltmore Village Fashion Show
- Keigwin + Company
- Foodtopian Spotlight: Chef Dissen
- Actionfest 2012
- Flat Rock Playhouse Turns 60
- Hotel Indigo Receives Big Honor
- AshevilleNOC Begins
- Bear Sighting!
- 6 Ways to Experience The Hunger Games
- Eat. Drink. Vote.
- Asheville's "Amazing Race"
- Best Active Getaway
- Waterfall Country
- Discover West African Cuisine - One Night Only
- Dining Extravaganza in Biltmore Village
- A Treasure in Downtown Asheville
- White Lightning Strikes Twice
- Watch & Win: Free Hunger Games Survival Getaway
- Here Comes the Sun!
- Grove Park Inn Comedy Classic
- Vote for Katie Button!
- Trolley Tours Begin 2012 Season
- Foodtopian Deals for SoCon Attendees
- How To: Biltmore Container Gardens
- Time Lapse: The New ExploreAsheville.com Arena!
- A Bathroom Worth Sharing (Online!)
- ▼ March 2012 (30)
- ► 2011 (234)
- ► 2010 (135)
- ► 2009 (126)
- ► 2008 (54)